What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Country Living Fair 2011...So Many Booths, So Little Time!






As you can see from the photo above, there were many vintage items at the Country Living Fair that could be used for display purposes and for floral arrangements or even unique collections!  Any of the small barrels featured here would be great if filled with fresh flowers and branches, or even preserved flowers, pinecones or fruits for festive table displays!  The large blue wood leaning tray would be interesting if hung on a wall and small collectibles were placed on the partitions, using them as small shelves...soo much more fun than a traditional small cabinet or shelf system.  I really like to use the vintage tool boxes like the black and wood ones as containers for floral arrangements that include hydrangeas, peonies, ranunculus and apples or other fruits.
Obviously, when you visit flea markets and antique shows or craft shows, you can have a lot of success in finding unique items if you open your mind to all of the many unconventional ways things can be used!  I have found some wonderful finds and had no idea how I would use them when I purchased them, but had a place to store them until I figured it out!  It never fails, whether it is one day or 3 months, I always come up with interesting ways to utilize vintage finds.




One of the biggest trends right now, is the use of vintage suitcases for many decorative options in the home.  One of my favorite uses for them, is small pet beds.  I also love to see them stacked next to the bed as a side table in the bedroom.




There are so many uses for the small trunks featured in this image, as well as old wooden boxes with graphics like the Utility box as well.  Remember, you can put casters on just about anything to make it mobile, and any wooden boxes or crates that you find, you can put casters on and use for toy boxes, pet toys and bones, book storage in a library or bedroom, or hobby supplies.





So... are you getting a better idea of the abundance of items at The Country Living Fair this year?  So many booths, so little time!  Well I thought I would end today's post with a photo of the item that is currently at the top of my wishlist.  As you can see below, one of the vendors brought a collection of vintage goat carts and yes, I want a vintage goat cart!  no, not go-cart....Goat Cart!  And I will eventually check it off of my list, but my budget wouldn't permit this year. hmmm, maybe next year.




Well I hope you are enjoying the images and inspiration I took away from the Fair this year, and if you have any ideas for uses for any of the items featured in the photos today, please share!  The series will continue tomorrow with more photos and several talented artists who were at the Fair this year as well.



1 comment:

  1. I was there and seeing the photos makes me realize how much I missed!!! I want to go back and start over........Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...