What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Country Living Fair 2011 - Furnishings!

Country Living Fair Series- Part 2

This year at the Fair, there was a larger variety of antiques and furniture, which was such a treat!  I thought that I would share some images of furniture that really caught my attention. I have also included a list of some of the vendors who featured some really interesting  pieces.

Take note of the hanging lampshades that are numbered...Not only are they great to look at, but the chronological numbers carry your line of sight across the room. This is great for styling a booth where you want visitors to notice as many elements as possible.  I like the mix of vintage rustic and french without too much fluff.  I saw this space and immediately wanted to walk in and sit down, that is a successful booth!






This blue piece was one of my favorites! It was a tough one to pass up, but I was looking for a bench and had to stick to my mission. All I could think about when I saw it was, what a great piece to hold a collection of just about anything...from sterling silver to white hobnail pieces.

Imagine a collection of Delftware filling this piece. WOW!   Blue and white is such a classic combination and it is one that should be done in a "large" way.  Oh well, maybe next time!




Great bench and pillows...I couldn't make it work for me, but I am sure that someone grabbed this one and took it home!  As you can see, the styling was really well done at this Fair and I could tell this was not the first time around for a lot of these vendors.




I really enjoyed the overall composition of this display, with all of the different tones of blue.  This is the type of piece that can inspire the look of an entire room.  If you are changing any room in your home, there are many different ways to initiate that change and it doesn't always have to begin the same way!  A transformation can begin with a gorgeous swatch of fabric, a vintage chair,  a distressed accent piece or even a piece of art.





Here is a list of some of the participating vendors from the Country Living Fair who had vintage and antique furniture:


I hope you feel inspired and check back for more features on the Country Living Fair 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...