What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, November 11, 2011

Winter Is For The Birds...

Since I have been cleaning up my yard in preparation for the cold winter months, I have birds on the mind!  I am currently cleaning and preparing my feeders for the long winter....so PLEASE do not forget the birds.



Food sources can be scarce in the winter months and birds need foods that are high in calories and fat.  Suet, oil sunflower and peanuts are really good options for birds.  It is also essential to have a variety of types of feeders that are out of direct wind and are placed near a row of trees or a place for birds to perch.









And just as important is a water source!  Make sure that your bird bath can be kept in use year-round and use a bird bath heater to provide a constant source of water for the birds.







And best of all....is the show!  In those dreary winter months it is a gift to look outside and see a beautiful red cardinal!  So go ahead and get started...the birds are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...