What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Got Fabric? Today's Featured Artist Does! And We Are All Grateful, Thank You Ann Wood

In the past, I have shared the exhilaration and wonderment that I feel when I discover a new artist! (when I say new artist, obviously I mean new to me..) There have been moments when I turned the corner at a gallery and literally gasped at the impact of a painting.  There have been pieces that I couldn't get out of my head for months, and times when I have researched online for hours "googling" partial names from a few letter combinations I could make out at the bottom of a painting!

We all have those moments when we "hear angels singing and see bright golden lights."   Okay, so I am exaggerating, but I think you can get the picture.  Art and artists are my thing, maybe yours is shoes...or wooden surfboards...or poetry.

Today, I am featuring an artist whose works I DID gasp over when I turned the page of a magazine to see them.  Her name is Ann Wood.




Ann Lives in Brooklyn, New York and works with found and salvaged materials, mostly from vintage and antique garments to create ships, owls, birds, bats and more.



I am amazed at her talent and creativity.  It inspires me to see what beauty can be created from fabric scraps.  With Ann's touch, old gowns and garments can become special again...treasured by a new owner and enjoyed by new admirers in a completely different form-and yet the history within the fabric endures.






Please check out her website at www.annwoodhandmade.com.  I first discovered Ann Wood from "Cloth Paper Scissors" magazine in September 2010, where they featured her works with some amazing photographs.  If you would would like to see more of her pieces and learn more about her, visit www.clothpaperscissors.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...