What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

TIMBER!!!

I love trees.  I mean I really love trees..... so this was a tough one!  I have watched the trees in my front yard grow and grow and grow and I became more and more overwhelmed.  I knew that the bradford pear tree was reaching the end of his "line," and the spruce tree was, well taking over the house!

(Note to all folks who plan on planting a spruce tree....It is a tree for the outer perimeters of the yard in most cases.  One mistake that is often made when people run to the local plant palace is that they don't really pay much attention to the tag where it states, "This tree will grow so big that it will consume your house as well as the neighbors' house."--okay, the tag doesn't say that, but it will say something like 40-50 feet tall!)
P.S.-always look for dwarf versions for front yard landscaping and for trees up against the house.

So back to my tree trauma...My next door neighbor, my neighbor across the street, and my neighbor on the opposite corner have all lost their bradford pear trees (a total of 4) within the past 6 months in the famous mountain winds and rainstorms.  I didn't need a lot more motivation.

When did I know that the spruce needed to go? well, other than the obvious ridiculous-ness in its size, the second clue was when I could not walk between the house and the tree!

So, my tree man came and performed a miracle and now I just need for the yard fairy to come and perform another one!  I am excited to see my house and yard, but now I need a new yard!  Well,  I will just add it to the list of projects...or I will wait for HGTV....hmmmm.



2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! It doesn't even look like the same house. What a difference a tree makes. I LOVE IT!!!! Who would've thought that the roof even looked like that. GREAT JOB!!! EXCITING!! Now you can plant a beautiful tree that you've always wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! What fun thinking about all the things you can do now! Penny is sooo right! It doesn;t look like the same house. Imagine of all the light!!!! xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...