What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 15, 2011

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid...

This client had already purchased these lovely containers on the mantle for her harvest room.  She had been given some real pheasant feathers from a friend and she knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted simple, tall, narrow arrangements with only a few elements to complement the colors of the room and the stonework.
(these photos were taken around Easter, hence the rabbits and eggs)

Voila!



Of course there are many different clients with extremely diverse tastes and preferences for home design.  This is what makes my job so interesting.  I can truly appreciate everything from the most conservative traditional homes to the most artistic and brightly colored homes because I have seen everything on the spectrum done really well. When someone spends time and makes conscious decisions regarding the order and design of a home, it can make a world of difference.



Even more, when someone's home is a reflection of his personality, it adds another layer of interest and dimension!  Money doesn't always rule here....and that is the good news for everyone!  Anyone who takes the time to make some decisions and knows the right resources can create a warm home that could rival homes often staged in magazines!

Sometimes it requires getting a little help from someone like me, or a friend with really great taste, but with a little planning you can see the warm home that reflects the energy of you and your family begin to emerge.

Please take a look at the links I provide (in the left column) to websites and blogs. There is a lot of time put into uncovering the best inspiration for the home that may not otherwise be easily discovered!

3 comments:

  1. I knew it! Just when I had to get up to bed, I JUST had to have ONE more peek at your blog, sure enough , another great post! Wonderful! Thanks Heather, you are the best! xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your interest and support in the blog Maggie! and even more, taking the time to comment on it! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to need something beautiful for the re-do in the downstairs bath on the counter. I sure hope you're thinking!!! I can't believe a few months ago I couldn'nt turn on the computer, now I can't wait to see what you've blogged about. Great job!!! I am so proud of you and your blog. I've even learned to comment. Uh-oh!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...