What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Is Your Home Suffering From "Ivory Wall Overload?"

  • Do you refrain from hanging art on your walls because you don't want to put holes into them?
  • Did you purchase your home years ago and you just never got the chance to paint over the builder's white?
  • Have you chosen not to paint your walls because you are scared you are going to choose the wrong color?
  • Do you think that by painting your rooms different colors that it will mess up the flow or continuity?

Well this interventional blog is for you!   First let me make one important point.  Of course one can have white, cream or ivory walls in his/her home!  Just make sure that the white, cream or ivory colors are ones that you have carefully chosen because they fit your home's personality and decor.  Also make sure that these colors are not present because of the "fear" of painting another color.

Let me put your mind to rest.  In most cases where an entire home has the same color walls or where every room features default white or cream, there is no flow to "mess up."  The same color ivory throughout an entire home does not equal a continuity of style or interest.  It usually equals boring.

Especially today....when there are so many beautiful paint colors in many different paint lines, there are thousands of colors from which to choose.  And remember that continuity of style and interest can be obtained in many ways, but especially with a beautiful palette of complementary colors!

Again, the warmth and personality of a home is established through layers of texture, art,  fabrics, paint and furniture.  One can become preoccupied with a lot of "shoulds" and rules, or one can enjoy the process of creating a warm home that is a reflection of his or her personality.

Tip:  Paint is your friend and there is no such thing as a paint emergency!  Why?  Because paint can be easily covered with another color! So go for it.  Don't hold back! Choose beautiful color and live life on the edge!

One of the most beautiful palettes comes from Philips Perfect Colors!  I have chosen 4 colors that I would like to see in a sunroom! or...okay...in practically any room!

Room Color
 Trim Color
 Accent Color
 Accent Color

Imagine this beautiful lemon grass colors on the walls with this trim color that is actually interesting!  And then layers of these accent colors throughout the room from distressed painted furniture to pillows to just about anything!  Thank you to Philip's Perfect Colors for such amazing choices.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! I can answer yes to all of those questions, I'm worried about me, are you??? You are awesome!!! xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, me again! I can't help it! Your blog is amazing! So, imagine my thought when I clicked on "supermarket!" I thought for sure it was my kind of supermarket, which it was, though there was no food involved. THANKYOU for sharing your "treasures." I cannot wait to order from this fabulous website! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! Thanks for reading and sharing! Firstly, NO I am not worried about you. You have have embraced the concept of personalizing a home and it looks great! Supermarket is a fun alternative and different look from etsy and check out the foodzie blog...I love the way it is done and the posts are interesting. Just click on the link on my page and once you get to the main page, click the food blog link. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...