What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Little Halloween Decor...

Well Hello October!  So we are just a little closer to that chilly weather that I have been anticipating...and now officially in the month of Halloween!  did someone say candy corn?  Okay, so why can't adults do a little trick-or-treating?  We all know that we enjoy "borrowing" our kids' candy and who doesn't like a little superhero costume every now and then?  At least as adults we could "make up" for that one awesome costume that alluded us as a child, or it could be an opportunity to don that wicked cool costume that your best friend wore in the third grade when you were forced to wear the hand-me-down scarecrow costume for the second year in a row!  Let's face it, it would be like a life time full of therapy, one night a year...I'm just sayin...

Well for some reason I am feeling a little more festive this year and decided to dress up a couple of spots in my home for the upcoming Halloween night (Okay, lets be honest,  I started reading Harry Potter and am beyond addicted-hence a renewed interest in everything Wizard-ish and reminiscent of Hogwarts).  Nothing fancy or ornate, just a little spooky.

I thought I would share a couple of photos of my "spooky."  How do you decorate your home for Halloween? Where do you get ideas and inspiration for your decorations?  What is your favorite decoration for Halloween?  Oh and of course, more importantly, what is your favorite candy?






I already had a large gray weathered bird cage and a small metal cloche cage, so I just purchased some crows, webbing, deer moss, and metal chalkboard signs at Michael's for a total cost of about $15.  I used some branches from the yard and just placed the items together carefully, no glue gun or adhesives.  This way I can use the items again and everything comes apart easily. I haven't painted the black chalk board signs yet, but they will say something like, " Do not make eye contact with the birds" and for the bigger bird, "Bird $25.00" and then I will cross out the $25 and write in "free."
    After Halloween...my gray cage is utilized year-round, empty, as decor in my home and the small metal cloche will have a small live plant grouping placed under it!  Bye Bye Birdie!







And remember, one bag of stretchy spider web fabric from Michael's goes a VERY long way-  If you are on a budget or maybe you just want to keep it really simple and realistic.  You can create some monumental spider webs in just a few focal points in your home and around your front door...then when it comes time to clean up, just pull them all off in less than 5 minutes!

Happy Decorating!  and let us know about your favorite decor and candy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...