What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Have Always Chosen Cornbread over Biscuits....Cornbread Anderson that is!

Today's Post is an Artist Feature...one of my favorites, Cornbread Anderson!

Okay, so the truth is, I would be remiss in recognizing the origin of my obsession with  Folk Art and Outsider Art if I did not dedicate a post to Cornbread Anderson!  I discovered Cornbread's art over 5 years ago in the Asheville and Hendersonville, NC areas.  This marked the beginning of the end for me, and I soon realized I would not get a good night's sleep until I owned at least one painting.


Over these last 5 years, Cornbread's artwork has continued to gain interest and recognition throughout the country and his paintings command higher prices every year.  If you are not familiar with John "Cornbread" Anderson, you might want to take a moment to google his name and you will quickly discover his talent and his popularity.  Cornbread was raised on a farm in rural Lumpkin County, Georgia and began painting in 1995. His paintings are easily recognizable and feature guinea hens, foxes, birds and fish, among other woodland animals. His paintings have bright colors, a graphic quality and even display an interesting sense of humor.  And I warn you, his works can become quite addictive.


Even after viewing hundreds of his paintings, my favorite subjects are the guinea hens for which he is so well known. Now don't get me wrong, I have my other favorites...like the raccoons and cardinals, but once you have seen a painting with his guinea hens, you will want one!






Oh and by the way, I did get a painting by Cornbread several years ago, as a gift from my parents and my sister and her family!  And so yes, I do sleep a little better at night....Thank you Mr. Cornbread...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...