What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Add A Little Spooky To Your Life!

I am all about the fall and my mood even picks up as soon as I feel a little break in the heat.  One of the many reasons that I look forward to this time of year is because of Halloween!  Halloween was a BIG deal in my neighborhood growing up as there were approximately 5,000 kids living in the big circle of a neighborhood.  And we all knew each other and played together every chance that we got.

At any given time, as long as school had let out, my neighborhood looked like a scene out of the book "Lord of the Flies," with kids hanging out of trees, playing tag, riding bikes or scaring the living daylights out of one another...and I loved every minute of it.

So at Halloween, the neighborhood lit up with every decoration, flashlight and spooky novelty item one could possibly imagine.  You could always count on seeing several cheerleaders, superheroes, witches and the lead character from the current Disney hit movie at that time.  We knew all the houses by heart, in terms of which ones dispensed the best candy (as well as those to pass up) and we would race home to perform a very complicated and algorithmic trade system based on the theory that 1 snickers mini bar equalled 2 now and laters...or something like that.

So this week the Etsy Treasury Feature is a spooky one.  I have compiled some of my favorite Etsy halloween items and put them together to inspire and get us all ready for the upcoming candy coma!
Enjoy!

Do you have any specific halloween memories that you could share?  Or perhaps your favorite candy that you would trade most anything else for?  Oh come on... live life on the edge and comment!





1 comment:

  1. I loved that the Dad's would take a slew of kids out to trick or treat (the
    Dad's would have a little toddy in their hands) and walk around most of the circle and the Mom's stayed and passed out candy to 50,000 kids at the door. Then the trading would start. Great memories!!! Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...