What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 19, 2011

Have You Invested in Some Original Artwork Yet? Meet Magaly Ohika.

It's The Weekend Edition!
Have a Safe and Restful Weekend...and be sure to check out this artist!


Bye, Got to Run and Paint,  Magaly Ohika



Several weeks ago, I wrote my first "artist introduction" post on an artist that I had discovered named, Bob Hoke. Bob Hoke is an innovative "outsider artist" with a great eye for color and composition.  He also has a refreshing sense of humor.

 Today, I will be introducing you to another talented artist that I discovered on Etsy.  The artist's name is Magaly Ohika and her shop is ItsyBitsySpill.  Magaly has a B.A. in illustration and toy design and she currently resides in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  Magaly's illustrations always intrigue me. I love the expressions and interesting facial construction of her characters. They are a perfect combination of whimsy and reality.  Some works are very ethereal and others playful.

Need to Take A Vacation,  Magaly Ohika

One of my favorite things about Magaly's work, is that almost anyone can afford an original painting or illustration, so she makes it very accessible for people.  She also has handmade pouches with her illustrations featured on them and they are glorious.


Are You Ready to take Flight?  Magaly Ohika

Bohemian Life of Art and Music,  Magaly Ohika


If you are interested in adding some original works to your home, please take a look at her work.  She is always adding new pieces to her site. I have created a small collection of her illustrations (grouped together)
in my studio and it is not only fun and inspirational but an interesting conversation "starter."

And remember...you purchase art that you love, that evokes an emotional response or that provides inspiration on some level...don't worry about matching your sofa!  Life is too short for sofa art.  Bring something interesting and innovative into your home and share it with your friends and family!

All of the works featured are original, except for the clutch which is a print.

Magaly's shop is at: www.etsy.com/shop/itsybitsyspill?ref=pr_shop

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god Heather! This is lovely! Thank you!

    Big hugs from me dear! I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...