What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Double Feature: My " Top 5" Lists for Paper and Notions

Today's post is a Double-Feature!  Since I was not able to post yesterday, I am going to share a little "extra" information that I hope you find fun and helpful.

We all organize our references and resources in different ways, and mine are almost always "old school."  I have a notebook full of all my favorite websites and resources in every category you could ever dream of.  I will eventually get all of it on computer, but for now my old steno pad is my bible, of sorts.

One of the larger categories is the "Paper and Stationery" category. I am going to share my top 5 sources on the web for paper and stationery category.  Now...this section of my notebook has probably 50 entries, so this is the current short list.  My top choice is:


personalized stationery choices are graphic and clean

great desk calendars

decorative wrapping paper...hello!





beautiful stationery



next choice:  www.redstamp.com

great personalized flat cards!



I know, you have already run out of money but...the next choice is: www.hellolucky.com

great colors and letterpress cards are tops!




and last but not least...www.lindaandharriett.com

calendars and stationery!



Now, if you cannot find some incredible stationery and/or a beautiful calendar in that collection, I would be astonished.  I have always read that one should have a stationery wardrobe and it stuck with me and I have used it as my excuse to buy beautiful papers and stationery ever since! If you would like to learn more about a stationery wardrobe, visit www.dempseyandcarroll.com, where they have a detailed description of one and some amazing choices for stationery as well.




The Second Featured Top 5 List is compiled of some of my favorite creative resources. These sites have some of the most interesting and gorgeous craft items ever.  Have you ever had a morning when you wake up and the first thought that comes to mind is: "What I really need is some french beaded flora!"- Of course you have, we have all had that morning.  Or..."I just know I would feel better if I ordered some hand dyed silk ribbon."  Again, a very common first morning thought for all of us.  Well now, you know where to go!


For brocade ribbon, one of my favorite types of ribbon ( I have seen amazing jewelry made from vintage brocade ribbon), my choice is:  www.britexfabrics.com

can you believe this? check out this site!


When you really need a Wendy Addison fix or much more, www.tinseltrading.com.

Wendy Addison

Wendy Addison


For great wrapping and crafting, as well as homeade food items and more, visit www.sks-bottle.com.





For that beaded flora we were talking about, as well as buttons, ribbon, headbands and wool, check out www.rosemille.net

This is made entirely of beads.

glitter letters are a staple...



yes, this is a hand painted poppy garland!

This is ALL paper!


There you go!  Some of my favorite sources for beautiful things!  What are your favorite sites for paper, stationery or crafts? Please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...