What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 29, 2011

A "Benjamin Moore" Love Affair

Okay, So I have been a little naughty... I just needed a long weekend from posting this time and I am refreshed! I have been working on several projects both at home and with a friend and client.  I will have some fun photos of the transformation of my client's project soon!  One of my personal projects has been repainting my living room and mantle.  Over the past year or so, I replaced the larger pieces of furniture and I knew that I would have to change the paint to complement the new pieces.

I am thrilled with the walls and the mantle!  Next I will tackle the trim!  The palette I chose includes:

Benjamin Moore's Blair Gold-walls

Benjamin Moore's Olive Tone- all trim

Benjamin Moore's Amazon Green- mantle & accent

Benjamin Moore's Caliente-accent


As I mentioned above, I have completed the walls and the mantle, but I have not yet started on all of the trim, this will be yet another transformation!  In the photo's below, the door/window that is on each side of the mantle will be painted the olive tone, NOT white.  So once this is completed , I will share the final photos as well.  

I couldn't be happier!  The mantle is truly the focal point of my room and it is often a major element in most living areas so do not be afraid to paint it a beautiful color!  Again, life is too short to have a white or cream mantle by default.  It is a great way to transform the look of a room with very little cost and effort.  In fact, if you want a big bang for your buck, you could paint your mantle or mantle surround (whichever you have), and replace some items on the mantle, the wall over the mantle and even on the hearth area in a weekend! This would change the whole focal point of your room with only the cost of paint, a little time and simply using items to replace from around your home!  Voila!





Okay, so now I need to get started on the trim!  Wish me luck!  Have you painted any new spaces lately?  What was the palette?  Have you tried a mantle transformation in the past?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...