What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 25, 2011

Are You A Collector?

Do you have any collections?  I'm not referring to anything formal or catalogued.  Well, If you do have indexed or catalogued collections than I am impressed....but I was just asking about ANY kind of collection.  Or do you even recognize that you have one.  Take a moment to look around your house from your current vantage point over the top of the computer( if you are not facing a wall).

Do you notice that when you scan, you see more than two:  porcelain dairy cows, teacups and saucers, star wars figurines, baskets or snow globes?  Do you find that wherever you may go, you always find yourself looking for these items to bring home?  Do your friends mention that they think of you when they see these types of items?  Well, whether you have 3 or 1000, you my friend....are a collector.



Now, the other question for you is...how are these items treated in your home?  Are they scattered around in different rooms, put in boxes in the basement, or in paid storage?  In most cases, I hope that your answer is no to all 3 of these locations.  If you have a collection of items, they should be displayed together in one location.

Collections that are displayed together are much  more interesting and impactful.   When items are all placed together, one can easily edit the collection on a regular basis.  You may find some pieces that are in better condition or that are much more appealing to you over the years and you can eliminate some of the less interesting items.

Take a look at your home and reconsider placement of these items.  I guarantee that when you gather them together in one spot, dust them off and take a few minutes to arrange them nicely, you will appreciate the impact AND notice them even more.

I have included two of my collections below.  My mask collection is placed in my center hallway of my home and my orange vases are placed together as well!








1 comment:

  1. I love the collectionspictures. I also love them in your home because they are so you. I guess that is really the secret. It reflects so much who you are. I put my things away due to space to put them,but....hmmm....maybe i will find a new spot.Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...