What does Life By Design offer me?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 22, 2011

1963 Shasta Airflyte

It is all about the vintage trailer!  I have been looking at these pretties for about 2 years and I don't think I can stand it until I have one.  "Are you going to live in this trailer?" you ask.  Of course not!  This is my weekend, holiday, need a break, need inspiration, travel to flea markets, visit antique shows and folk art festivals trailer. Duh.

The fun part is the interior redesign!  The work part is making sure the other, more essential parts of the trailer are in working order.  Last year, I became even more inspired when I toured 2 beautiful tiny trailers all glammed up at the Country Living Fair.  They had been completely restored and decorated according to each owner's personality.  My personal motto at the fair was, " I am among my people," and viewing those little ladies all dolled up reinforced that motto.

The all important decision is... what type of trailer.  I love the shasta trailers! But there are so many to from which to choose. And then....just how vintage do I go?   That is only the beginning.

The good news is that there are many online groups dedicated to traveling and decorating vintage trailers, like the Trailer Chix.   Even more fun are the groups that touch base and travel all over the country. It is a mobile "glamping" community.  And they sure look cute while they are doing it......How do I sign up?

1963 Shasta Airflyte by dwstucke
1963 Shasta Airflyte, a photo by dwstucke on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...